Ergonomic cocoon for a newborn baby
ERGONOMIC NEST Cocoonababy® is an ergonomic cocoon which re-positions the child in the semi-fetal position he adopted in his mummy’s tummy. Welcoming baby gently into the world, providing him with a comforting, reassuring, well-defined space which reminds him of his mother's womb, the Cocoonababy® helps the newborn to adapt as best as to possible life following birth.
The semi-foetal, slightly curved position which baby adopts in the cocoon, soothes him, reassures him and helps to limit the onset of the principal troubles which may bother him during his first months. The Cocoonababy® is an ergonomic cocoon which re-positions the child in the semi-fetal position he adopted in his mummy’s tummy.
The semi-fetal position du Cocoonababy® helps limit concerns occurring during the first months and contributes to :
- improve the quality and the length of the child’s sleep
- reduce the involuntary jerky movements which wake baby with a start and make him cry (startle or Moro reflex)
- limit gastric reflux (thanks to the slope of the Cocoonababy®)
- limit the risk of flat head syndrome (plagiocephaly)
The Cocoonababy® nest includes the Tummy Band reassures and soothes baby by applying a light pressure on his tummy, without hindering his freedom of movement.
The COCOONaBABY® nest comes with:
• a removable wedge which enables the nest to adapt to the child’s size for the first 4 months
• a bio cotton, made-to-measure Fleur de Coton® fitted cotton sheet
• a Tummy Band which maintains the child in the ideal position yet does not restrict his movements (also available as an accessory).